Tuesday, November 8, 2016

New For Fall ~ Painting and Notecards Rich With The Colors Of Autumn

"Autumn paints in colors that summer has never seen."


Annabelle - Autumn Bliss Painting By Laura Leeder, Fall 2016

I've been experimenting with different mediums and floral designs.  This painting started out with watercolour and alcohol ink.  I then added a layer of acrylic paints and ink markers.  On the final layer, I've brushed on gelato paint sticks.  These add an interesting, creamy and iridescent texture that is quite pleasing!  
The warm, rich colors of this painting were inspired by the maple leaves falling on the ground in my front yard and the pot's of chrysanthemums at my doorstep.  
    












All occasion notecards.  Comes in a gift-packaged set of 6.


SHOP for Notecards

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your day!

Creatively Yours, 
Laura Leeder

7 comments:

Alice Saltiel-Marshall said...

Looking good. Would love to see the original, in the flesh, to admire the layers and the different mediums you've incorporated!

Mellowood Gallery said...

It sounds fascinating Laura - I am sure the photo doesn't do it justice

Win Dinn said...

Such a happy image, Laura, and I LOVE the crispness of your flowers. Like Alice, I want to see the original! :D

Cora said...

Like the beautiful warm colors. It seems you spent a lot of work in this painting but I think you've done a good job.

Deborah Nolan said...

Now who wouldn't love receiving such a beautiful card like these!! Hope you have a great day.

Deborah Nolan said...

Now who wouldn't love receiving such a beautiful card like these!! Hope you have a great day.

Win Dinn said...

I just love this card - it's even more beautiful 'in the flesh'!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...